This tool is inspired from tools you can find in 2D animation softwares,
like the Onion Layers in Flash or the Echo effect in After Effects.
It’s a new max object where you can pick different sources and offset their time animation, but also divide this time offset by the number of source copies you want.
– creating nice animated duplication effects, for motion graphics or simply to check your animation without using trajectories.
– copy N times the source object with an animated time delay.
– you can now offset the transforms of these time copies.
– rotate the copies around an animatable pivot.
– use a spline to place them, slide along that spline.
– create automatically new material ID’s
– detach all faces
– random time offset