This is a deformer and tools for Autodesk’s Maya. It is an extremely useful plugin that offers blend shape like behavior but completely topology independent. The only requirement between the geometry is having similar UV layouts.
See demo video here: https://vimeo.com/142086194
- Supports any number of target meshes with independent topology.
- Applies additively on top of existing deformation on base geometry.
- Target deltas can be scaled independently in X, Y, and Z.
- Paintable per vertex weight maps for each target, deltas, and overall deformation.
- Multithreaded for performance.
- Comes with supporting Python and MEL tools including user interface and shelf.
- Transferring shapes across different characters, such as the face
- Mirror shapes across asymmetrical sides
- Reapply existing corrective shapes on the same character after topology change
- Drive a higher resolution mesh from a lower resolution mesh
- Generate new character combinations from parts of other characters or morph one character into another
See the product website for demo videos and other information.
Available for Maya 2015 and 2016